Top Banana Circus is the Trading name of The Top Banana Project CIC
Company Number 07859484
Top Banana caries £5,000,000 in Public Liability Insurance
Our Workshop Leaders have Enhanced DBS Certificates
How do we collect your information?
We may collect information about you directly whenever you interact with us. For example, when you contact us regarding our activities, send or receive information or engage with our social media, you may provide us with your personal information.
We may also receive information about you when you interact with third parties with whom we work. For example, when you book on one of our events through Eventbrite (which is a third party website) and give them permission to share your information with us.
We may collect aggregated or anonymous information when you visit our website or interact with our content. For example, we may collect information about the website content you click on, so we can see which content is the most popular.
What information do we collect?
The information we collect from you directly or from third parties with whom we work, may include:
Name, address, email address, telephone number, contact preferences, date of birth, age, and/or gender, where appropriate.
We may also collect and process information about your interactions with us, including details about our contacts with you through email, SMS, post, on the phone or in person (ie the date, time, and method of contact), and details about events or activities that you register to attend. We may also collect and record any other relevant information you share with us about yourself.
Do we process ‘sensitive’ personal information?
Under data protection law, certain categories of personal information are recognised as sensitive, eg health information (‘sensitive personal data’). In limited cases, we may collect sensitive personal data about you, if you give your consent for us to do so. We would only collect sensitive personal data if there is a clear reason for doing so, eg for health and safety or special provision during workshops and activities. We would only process the sensitive information you have provided to us, and will not seek to supplement it or gather further sensitive information from other sources.
How do we use your information?
We may use your information in a number of ways, including:
• to provide you with information, products or services that you have requested from us or that we feel may be of interest to you;
• to provide you with information about our work or our activities;
• for administrative purposes (eg we may contact you regarding an event for which you have registered)
• for internal record keeping in order to keep our staff as informed as possible about our work with organisational contacts and individuals and for reporting purposes to demonstrate our impact
• to contact you where you have been identified as a contact person for an organisation,
• to analyse the personal information we collect about you to better understand your interests and preferences so that we can contact you in the most appropriate way and to ensure that we do not send you unwanted communications;
• where we are required by law to disclose or otherwise use your information.
We will never pass your details on to third parties without asking your permission and, except as indicated below:
We may disclose your personal information if we are requested or required to do so by a regulator or law enforcement or in order to enforce or apply our rights (including in relation to our website or other applicable terms and conditions) or to protect Top Banana Circus, for example in cases of suspected fraud or defamation, or in order to comply with any other applicable legal obligation.
How do we protect your personal information?
We take appropriate physical, electronic and managerial measures to ensure that we keep your information secure, accurate and up to date, and that we only keep it as long as is reasonable and necessary.
Although we use appropriate security measures once we have received your personal information, the transmission of information over the internet is never completely secure. We do our best to protect personal information, but we cannot guarantee the security of information transmitted to our website, so any transmission is at the user’s own risk.
How can you change your marketing preferences or update the information we hold about you?
You can change any of your marketing preferences at any time (including telling us that you don’t want us to contact you for marketing purposes) or update your information by contacting us:
By Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
By Phone: 07944 286278
If you have indicated that you do not wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, we will maintain your details on a suppression list to help ensure that we do not continue to contact you for marketing purposes. However, we may still need to contact you for administrative purposes, including (but not limited to):
• Ensuring we have your correct details on our database;
• Providing you with the information you need in order to participate in an activity or event for which you have registered
• Explaining or apologising where we have made a mistake.
Similarly, if your contact details have changed or you think any information we have about you is incorrect or incomplete, you can always update or correct the information we hold about you by contacting us as explained above.
What other data protection rights do you have?
Under the GDPR your rights are as follows.
• the right to be informed;
• the right of access;
• the right to rectification;
• the right to erasure;
• the right to restrict processing;
• the right to data portability;
• the right to object;
• the right not to be subject to automated decision-making including profiling.
We cannot be held responsible for the privacy of data collected by websites not owned or managed by Action Hampshire, including those linked through our website.
Emails are not always secure, and they may be intercepted or changed after they have been sent. Top Banana Circus does not accept liability if this happens. The contents of emails reflect their author’s views and not necessarily those of Top Banana Circus.
Please do not send any financial data through email.
The information in emails is confidential, so if you’ve received one by mistake, please delete it without copying, using, or telling anyone about its contents.